Mike Deane Straps In for the Season

Some of you probably saw this a couple of days ago on ESPN. But in case you didn't I just thought this would be a funny feature to share with all you coaches out there. With the new rules by the NCAA cracking down on sideline infractions resulting in technical FTs, Wagner's coach, Mike Deane had a custom chair made with a seatbelt that keeps him buckled down.

"Knowing my habits of the previous 21 years, I thought it would be prudent to keep myself out of harm's way. I didn't want to do anything to hurt what I thought was a pretty good basketball team."



I just like Coach Deane's attitude about not hurting his team. He knew that the NCAA would crack down on sideline infractions (Bruce Pearl famously got T'd up a couple of weeks ago), and Wagner doesn't need to give any more freebies to their opponents. The Wagner Seahawks are 12-5 and off to one of their best starts in school history.

0 comments