With College football done and NFL playoffs winding up, that means it's all basketball all the time. Caught the CBS game this morning between Kansas and Michigan St. It wasn't much of a game as MSU stormed out of the gate and ran away with it early on. But CBS did one of their short 'wired' segments with MSU head coach Tom Izzo and I thought it was great. It's too bad, they don't have a channel where they just show the head coach mic'd up talking all the way through. Anyways, I don't know how Coach Izzo has any voice left after 2.5 hours, take a listen,




Best part? "Way to shrink the court, baby! Timeout! Timeout! Timeout!" But in all seriousness, I like that Coach Izzo is a player's coach. Obviously, I don't have a personal relationship so I don't really know if he is a player's coach. But from everything that I've read and heard, he's a guy that really cares about each and everyone one of his players. I think this picture says it all, Coach Izzo with sophomore guard Durrell Summers,


If you are a big Michigan State or Coach Izzo fan, then you'll enjoy Tom Izzo's DVD on the 1-3-1 Zone Offense. As always, head over to the X's and O's Basketball forum to talk with other coaches about your favorite basketball topics.

0 comments