Pat Knight is taking a lot of flack the last day or so after his post-game rant which publicly called out his players for their lack of effort, saying they were essentially stealing from the university through their full-ride scholarships.

My own opinion on the matter is that is that what I say to my players in the locker room, stays in the locker room. Our conversations are between our team. It's a matter of trust, that the locker room is sacred, that we can be honest with each other in the room and that in that setting I hold no punches.

Having said all that, I'm leaning towards calling the whole thing a big publicity stunt. The things he came up with were just a little too carefully planned to be something that he just thought of at the end of a bad loss. Knight has already said afterwards that he pre-warned the other coaches about what he was going to say that night, I would think that he probably also pre-warned, if not at the very least hinted, that he was going to say what was probably already said many times in private, publicly. His objective, to help motivate the seniors, and to get the team a little bit on the college basketball radar. I think it worked, at least for one night...

Watch it for yourself and let me know what you think...



0 comments