I hate to be one of those guys that said I told you so, but according to Kentucky Head Coach John Calipari, even he agrees that Summer AAU ball is getting out of hand. On his Twitter account today he stated: "My time would be better spent on campus with our guys. We would save a lot of money and put recruiting back in HS coaches hands." This is the full 3 tweet transcript:

July-06-09 6:24 AM
UKCoachCalipari: Heading to Cincinnati. Time to start evaluating players. I enjoy watching ball BUT I don't believe we should recruit in the summer...

July-06-09 6:25 AM
UKCoachCalipari:...My time would be better spent on campus with our guys. We would save a lot of money and put recruiting back in HS coaches hands...

July-06-09 6:26 AM
UKCoachCalipari:...Plus I'd see my own kids all summer like a normal person. Four days at home reminds me of what I'm missing!
If you are a new reader to this blog, then you probably want to read this post, which sums up the argument between AAU and High School. If you are a regular reader, then you know where I stand on this issue...

0 comments